Achievements of Dr Sunghee Nam, Immediate past AUAP President
These accomplishments are highlighted as follows:
- · The Secretariat has continued to grow stronger with a focus on various AUAP meetings,
- workshops, conferences, and other activities. The 18th Advisory Council Meeting, the 41st AUAP
- Board Meeting, and the 4th Country Chapter Committee Meeting were held in Danubius
- University on May 19, 2017, Galati, Romania. The backing and strong support of Dr. Sunghee Nam
- to these events will forever be remembered by AUAP.
- · The 19th Advisory Council Meeting, the 42st AUAP Board Meeting, and the 5th Country
- Chapter Committee Meeting, were also held in Xian International University, on November 8,
- 2017, at Xian, China.
- · The 20th Advisory Council Meeting, the 43rd AUAP Board Meeting, and the 6th Country
- Chapter Committee Meeting, took place at the University of Surabaya, on July 10, 2018,
- Surabaya, Indonesia.
- · AUAP Learning and Sharing Forum:
- The AUAP Secretariat organized the 15th AUAP Learning and Sharing Forum, with the strong
- support and encouragement of Dr. Sunghee Nam, which was hosted by Danubius University, on
- May 18-19, 2017, Galati, Romania. This was the first activity conducted by AUAP in Europe.
- · Global Leadership Program:
- § The 4th AUAP-DU Global Leadership Program was organized and hosted by Danubius
- University in collaboration with the AUAP Secretariat, on May 18-19, 2017, Galati, Romania.
- Again, this is the first time that a Global Leadership Program for students was organized by AUAP
- outside of Asia.
- § The 5th AUAP-DHC Global Leadership Program was hosted by Daegu Health College in
- partnership with the AUAP Secretariat, on August 8-18, 2018, Daegu City, South Korea.
- · AUAP Student English Speech Competition:
- § The 3rd Student English Speech Competition was held in Siam University, on November 23-25,
- 2017, Bangkok, Thailand.
- · International Basketball Competition (IBC):
- § The 2nd International Basketball Competition (IBC), was hosted by Sias International
- University, on September 16-24,2018, in Zhengzhou, China. Twelve (12) teams competed in this competition.
AUAP General Conference:
- · The 16th AUAP General Conference titled “Envisioning the Universities of Tomorrow in the
- age of Emerging Technologies, Disruption and Change” will be held at Dusit Thani Resort Hotel,
- on November 18-21, 2018, in Pattaya, Thailand.
Joint International Conference:
AUAP was able to organize two Joint International Conferences:
- · The 1st AUAP with IAUP Joint International Conference was hosted by the University of
- Surabaya in collaboration with the AUAP Secretariat, on July 9-12, 2018, in Surabaya, Indonesia.
- · The 1st AUAP with IFCU Joint International Conference will be held at Dusit Thani Hotel, on November 18-21, 2018, in Pattaya, Thailand.
Memorandum of Understanding (MoU):
The most remarkable achievement that AUAP has done during Dr. Nam's Presidency is the
number of MOUs signed with various international organizations such as: the United Nations
Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO), the International Institute Of
Education (IIE), the World Federation Of The United Nations Association (WFUNA),
the Center For Global Non-Killing (CGNK), the International Association Of University Presidents (IAUP), Global Knowledge Alliance (GNK) and the
International Federation of Catholic Universities (IFCU).
· There are over 500 signed MoUs among AUAP members and partners since the
inauguration of Dr. Sunghee Nam as the AUAP President, in November 2016. This is the highest
number ever recorded in the history of AUAP.
AUAP Membership Status:
· At the end of 2014, AUAP had a total number of 240 members, with only 60 active members. In 2015, during the tenure of the Former AUAP President, Dr. Shawn Chen, the number of active members increased from 60 to 100, (The Secretariat received 40 reactivated memberships and new members).
· Since the swearing-in ceremony of Dr. Sunghee Nam in November 2016, the number of active members both (longstanding and newly joined) has increased from 100 to 147.
I have been with AUAP since its founding in 1995. I can honestly say that AUAP has been most active during the time of Dr. Sunghee Nam as President.