The Association of Universities of Asia and the Pacific (AUAP), was established on 28 July 1995, under the General Provisions Act of Suranaree University of Technology (SUT), Thailand.
Fifty-one (51) higher education institutions assembled in Nakhon Ratchasima, Thailand, and signed the Founding Charter of AUAP. Its primary purpose is to be the main platform for interaction and collaboration between members, and to be an effective voice of universities in Asia and the Pacific region.
THE MISSION OF AUAP
- To promote a culture of quality, innovation and research in the higher education sectors in the Asia and the Pacific region.
- To preserve and enhance the values and cultural diversity of Asia and the Pacific towards better understanding and cooperation for socio-economic development and (universal) peace.
- To engage with stakeholders of the higher educations and other organizations to further the objectives of AUAP.
- To maintain a platform for interaction and collaboration among members, and be the voice of universities in Asia and the Pacific region.
- To promote universal peace and international understanding through education.
The shape of the new AUAP LOGO symbolizes the Lotus flower which is popular to almost all countries in Asia and the Pacific region. The shape also signifies two hands of a person opening up trying to catch something...in this case knowledge for progress.
The Red color stands for strong leadership of the AUAP in attaining unity for progress of all the members.
The Green color stands for purity of intention of all AUAP members to be united for attaining progress.
The Yellow color signifies service to the community that AUAP serves.
The background colors Blue and Black stands for boldness of purpose of AUAP in attaining its dreams for all its members.
In 2020, AUAP celebrates its 25th year.